William Galloway (28 Feb 1828-4 Jan 1904) was born in Ingleby, Yorkshire England a son of Thomas Galloway and Ann Sherwood. He accompanied his parents to Canada in 1832. In 1849 he was married to Liza Ann Blagden a daughter of John Blagdon and Mary Thomas at Cumminsville. In the 1852 he was a 24 y/o Wesleyan Methodist miller at Cumminsville and his mill was described as an 8 horsepower water mill which cost about 500 pounds sterling and processed about 2500 barrels of flour a year. On May 11, 1857 his wife Liza died and he was left with three young daughters. On Feb 18, 1858 he was married to Mary S Howell of Jerseyville. 12 Mar 1860 he and his father were appointed Charter Trustees of the New Connexion Chapel. In the 1861 census he was described as a Wesleyan Methodist merchant living with his new wife and three daughters in Paris Ontario. By 1871 he was a Wesleyan Methodist merchant with 6 children and his wife Mary in Guelph. In 1881 he was living in Toronto where he developed a successful pharmaceutical plant making and selling drugs. He died in Toronto and was buried in Mount Pleasant cemetery there.
Contributing Author: W. Raymond Cummins