James H. Landon (15 Jul 1830 – 27 Jan 1906) was born in Upper Canada, the son of New York State natives William and Sarah Landon. He was a New Connexion Methodist labourer living with his parents on their farm neighbouring the farm of John and Elizabeth Prudham southwest of Cumminsville. Some time before 1860 he married Christiana Harris a daughter of James Harris and Margaret Erwin of Cumminsville. When he was appointed a Trustee of the New Connexion Methodist chapel on March 12, 1860 he was 30 years old. In 1861 James and Christiana had inherited his father’s farm in Nelson Township. By 1871 they had had 5 children 2 of whom had died as infants. They had settled in Bosanquet Township, Lambton County where they were described as Episcopal Methodist. They had no grandchildren and were buried in Lakeview Cemetery near Sarnia, Ontario.
Contributing Author: W. Raymond Cummins